1. Welcome to our new site, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Here's our Update!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hexcore, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Hexcore

Hexcore Manager
    Staff Member Manager Administrator

Hello FearPvP!
    [​IMG]

So, for those of you wondering who I am, I’m @Hexcore and I’ll be managing FearPvP for the time being. My job description will consist of everything @Amazing did previously. Essentially, I will be the highest point of contact for any player regarding any matter. You will see me in-game whenever I am not working on the back-end of the server. Feel free to chat with me, ask questions, or simply strike up a conversation. I will do my best to stay as involved with the community as I can. Now, onto the subject of Map 16:

Map 16 will release Friday, May 18th at 5 PM EST (2 PM PST, 9 PM GMT). An official announcement will be released shortly containing specific details and the trailer. That being said, I would like to address a few areas of concern and make a couple of announcements now.

Server Merge:
    As many of you know, Voldex Services has multiple servers, one of which is FactionsLab. After deep consideration, we have decided that the best course of action would be to allocate as many resources as we can to one server in order to better the overall player experience. We believe combining FearPvP and FactionsLab will help grow our community, resulting in more competition and server activity. This will also allow us to differentiate ourselves from similar Voldex servers.

If you are here from FactionsLab, welcome to the FearPvP community! I’m sure many of you have questions regarding the merging of the servers; I plan to address all of them in the near future, however, I will start by saying this: all FactionsLab ranks will be transferred. We will allow all current FactionsLab players to transfer their rank(s) onto FearPvP within a 1 month time frame. More details about how to do so will be released at a later date. We understand that many FactionsLab players are loyal to FactionsLab and may find the merge upsetting; we will do our best to insure that those players have a smooth transition into our community.

Extended Downtime:
    Many of you may have noticed our extended downtime. We have made the decision to extend our maintenance period to four weeks in order to address and resolve three areas of concern:

Bugs:
    An extensive list of bugs will be address in the official Map 16 change log, but, for now, I will mention a few areas of importance that we are focusing on, cannoning and the anti-cheat. Should be a sigh of relief as they will be fixed!

We are aware that, in the past, we have had some difficulty implementing new features into the server. Generally, the first week of the map consists of numerous bugs and an overall unappealing experience for the player base. We are attempting to change this for Map 16. We are doing our best to insure that new features are properly tested before the map releases in order to provide our players with an exciting and competitive factions experience.

Suggestions and New Features:
    We will be placing a lot of emphasis on community suggestions for this upcoming map. Player opinions matters a lot as we are here to insure a quality game play experience for you. We wouldn’t be here without our community, so I encourage everyone to get involved in any way possible. A few ways to do so would be: vote on discord polls, share your suggestions, provide constructive criticism. We will do our best to consider all player feedback.

As a result of our extended maintenance period, we have been provided with the opportunity to add new features. The implementation of new features will allow for a better, more diverse gameplay. I highly encourage everyone to vote in our discord polls as we tend to put controversial features up to community vote.

If you haven’t already, join our official discord: https://discord.gg/KqxttCG

The Pay2Win Aspect:
    Although ranks are generally intended to give players an edge, we don’t believe that they should provide so much of an edge so that people who choose not to donate can’t compete with the rest of the server. Skill and grind should account for something, and we are working on making the changes in order to insure that they do.

Ranks are just an example, we are aware of the fact that Crystals are an issue, we are working on nerfing them so that it's not stupid broken. Please be patient as more info about this will be released.

Housekeeping Announcements:
    A) We’ve recently made numerous additions and changes to our staff team. That being said, we are still looking to recruit new members. If you are interested, feel free to apply here! Before doing so, please read this thread thoroughly.

B) We are reserving faction names for Map 16! Faction leaders can reserve faction names on this thread.

C) Follow us on twitter! We will be tweeting giveaways and important information in the future.

To those of you who have been with us for a while now, thank you for your continued support. We hope to further strengthen and expand our community in the future; we’re counting on you all to help us do so! I am excited to see each and every one of you at Map 16 SOTW!

Now that all of that is out of the way, I would like to open this thread up to discussion! If you have any questions that I can answer, whether they be about myself or the server, I will do my best to address each one.

Didn't wanna read all that? Here's a short TLDR summarizing most of it:
    • Server Release Friday, March 19th 5 PM EST
    • FearPvP is merging with FactionsLab, more players yay! All under FearPvP
    • If you're from Factions Lab, you'll get a rank if you claim it, join discord announcements will be made regarding that soon
    • We are fixing bugs, cannoning and Anti-Cheat are the big ones.
    • More additions and unique aspects to improve gameplay
    • Trying to balance economy, and making it less P2W by rewarding people who grind.
    • We are looking for staff apply today on the forums in the right section, see link above!

From the bottom of my PC,
    Hexcore
    Server Manager

#1 Hexcore, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    boomboomryan, zetcal, Whooped and 4 others like this.
  2. PrettyThoughts

PrettyThoughts Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Reserved for updates.

Lubdan likes this.
  3. Nignorant

Nignorant Coolest Mod
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm cool

Lubdan likes this.
  4. Lubdan

Lubdan Senior Moderator
    Staff Member Senior Moderator

HYPE

5. KnockingKoth

KnockingKoth Forum Elder
    Retired

woW coOl sTufF

6. dc0409

dc0409 Member

Awesome Can't Wait!!

7. ItsSirdz

ItsSirdz FEARLESS
    Retired

8. Tepelnick2.0

Tepelnick2.0 Wise one

The Pay2Win Aspect:
    Although ranks are generally intended to give players an edge, we don’t believe that they should provide so much of an edge so that people who choose not to donate can’t compete with the rest of the server. Skill and grind should account for something, and we are working on making the changes in order to insure that they do.

Sadly u don't say anything about the real problem, Keys

Tainted_Cub, ItsSirdz and EnderMC like this.
  9. EnderMC

EnderMC FearPvP God

I like the spoiler recap, very smart tbh
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    All I can say too is DONT ADD CUSTOM ENCHANTS!

Tainted_Cub and hoebylife like this.
  10. Whooped

Whooped FearPvP God
    Retired

"Pay2Win"

Kits got nerfed and they are fine. Keys need a higher price or a nerf. Remove spawner keys frfr

13Ping, Tainted_Cub and ItsSirdz like this.
  11. EnderMC

EnderMC FearPvP God

A
    Atleast NERF them

12. ItsSirdz

ItsSirdz FEARLESS
    Retired

what
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    Kits already got nerfed, leave those as they are. The players who grind without ranks are able to buy these items from players with ranks, if you nerf kits, people will begin to keep armor for themselves and not sell it l, therefore making it harder to obtain p4 as a member. And let's be real. The issue you SHOULD be tackling is crystal keys.

13. ImVegasHasPenguins

ImVegasHasPenguins FearPvP Fanatic
    Retired

Kit's got nerfed multiple times starting with rampagee when he was admin :p (near 6.0) Kit's are fine it's not hard to start off without the kits it's just there for a boost as you give them money.

14. memes

memes Forum Elder

15. PrettyThoughts

PrettyThoughts Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

16. ItsSirdz

ItsSirdz FEARLESS
    Retired

Awesome thanks for the clarity

17. Whooped

Whooped FearPvP God
    Retired